I take it back.
I didn't like del.icio.us before. I didn't really care so much about other people's bookmarks. Plus, it didn't work so hot on the work computers, where security controls interfere with the installation of the browser buttons.
But then I had an epiphany.
I'm working on a project that requires me to go to a particular web site, and while I have no trouble remembering the name of the site, I can never remember how to get to the part of it I am working with. Plus, I get interrupted a lot, plus I work on multiple computers at work, so I was accessing this site by an embarrassingly convoluted process that I will not describe here.
So I was wasting valuable time yesterday trying to find the damn thing, when I realized that if I had bookmarks that could travel with me, I only had to find this once and then never again. If only such a thing existed!
I'm a little slow on the uptake.
When I went home, where security controls do not prohibit me from installing browser buttons, I started setting up my bookmarks in del.icio.us and tagging my heart out. This will be a little clunky to get going, since I don't have the buttons at work, but maybe there's a work-around I haven't figured out yet.
Oh, the possibilities. All those emails I have saved with interesting links in them, intending to return and investigate them some day? (Yeah, right) Their days are numbered. Now I can look at the links, decide if they are something that will be useful to access again, ORGANIZE them so I can RETRIEVE them when needed (imagine that), and then hit the blessed DELETE button!
I'm gonna be a lean, mean, del.icio.us machine.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woohoo!!
Glad to hear that a tool you weren't so sure about ended up helping you out...that's so perfectly Project Play :-)
Post a Comment