Yeah, I know. I'm behind and I should be blogging about MySpace and podcasting. But I truly cannot believe how cool Remember the Milk is and how quickly I've gotten addicted to it.
It definitely has little quirks that just annoy the living daylights out of me. But somehow, it manages to overcome the historical problems I have had with both written to do lists and gadget-y to do lists (like the to-do feature on my otherwise-much-beloved Palm). I can stay focused on what I need to do today without worrying I will forget about something further out....and the further out things don't distract me from today's priorities. It's SO easy to make adjustments to due dates or priorities as conditions change. And tags? Invaluable for helping group like tasks together (Oh, I see I have a lot of errands to do, so I'll do them all at once) If I could have it on my Palm and sync it up, I could die a happy woman.
One of the way cool things I think we could do with this would be to keep a shared to-do list of things at work that need to be done, but not necessarily done by any particular person. There are six of us who kinda sorta job-share, and wouldn't it be great if I didn't get something done on Tuesday and the person who is in on Wednesday morning could just see that it needs doing and do it?
I am trying to evangelize my co-workers. I'm sure that like most True Believers, I grow tiresome, and they groan and try to hide when they see me coming.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! I'm so glad you're loving this tool so much.
It looks like you aren't alone on the desire to have RTM sync with your Palm: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/3082/
As a crazy optimist, I always believe that sort of integration is just a blink away.
I don't know if you use Google Calendar at all, but the integration with that and RTM is quite good -- it might help with your shared to-do.
Keep Playing, Boomer Librarian, and keep evangelizing, too!!
Post a Comment